Monday, January 1, 2007

Vikings vs Rams tickets were cheap the day of the game

I ventured down the Vikings game on Sunday to check out the ticket market. After having a couple of beers and a great sandwich at Maxwell's I decided to walk around the dome and see what seats were selling for. It wasn't extremely easy to find extra tickets but the ones that I found were selling for around 1/2 of the face value. In years past, I have noticed that there aren't a ton of seats available on the street for the last Vikings game of the year. I think this is due to the fact that people basically have from August to December to either sell them, give them away or make plans to go. One "street broker" that I encountered, had 4 tickets in the lower level on the 50 yardline that he was willing to sell me for $75/ticket. He also had 2 pairs of tickets in the upper level end zone that he was selling for $20/ticket. I decided that I would rather just watch the game from the comforts of my own home. As I was heading back to my car, I thought to myself that the face value of Minnesota Vikings tickets has gotten out of hand. I long for the days when you could take your family to the game for less than $100. Who knows, if the Vikings don't get their acts together, those days may not be too far down the road.

No comments: